Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > April - June Due Date Club >
Surprise checkup with midwife

Surprise checkup with midwife

Reply Post New Topic

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-11-08 | 09:21 PM
  • Well, after my US on Friday I had a surprise checkup with the midwife today. She did everything she normally does, but I got to hear the results of the US report.

I've gained 5 pounds, total. I am in shock. I don't see how its possible with twins at the halfway point. I'm measuring at 30 cm, when I'm only 20 weeks. These babies are both average sized for a normal singleton PG!

According to the US report baby A is in the 66th percentile and baby B is in the 53rd percentile for size. Those measurements are for singletons, not a twin scale! So, I'm gonna be huge! I already feel stuffed, stuffed, stuffed!

Both babies are also in the head down position, so I should be able to deliver both vaginally without a problem as long as they stay that way. They don't have much room in there side by side, so they should stay put.

Now the midwife is going to help me find a doctor/midwife team to see in the area that will be pro-natural birth and not C-section happy. She told me to be happy, both babies are doing great and I'm halfway through already!

Now I need to calm down and prepare for their arrival. Nursing twins is going to be a job!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-11-08 | 10:27 PM
  • That sounds totally awesome!!

I'm really confused by people saying all twins are small. My brothers are twins and they were 6.15 and 7.10 each 21 inches.

I hope they don't stretch out too much on you and you can have the birth you want.

Thank you Oreo!
tarziesgirl (11-11-08)
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-12-08 | 01:16 AM
  • Sounds like a good appt! Are you going to have to switch providers or will you be seeing the OB as well as your current midwife and take it as you can?

Laura

Thank you LAB!
tarziesgirl (11-12-08)
  • countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 11-12-08 | 11:25 AM

•  

I have to admit I have been lurking watching your progress Erin since your so pro home birth!
    I can't beleive your having twins!!!!

I'm hoping everything will go smothley for you.I just can't imagine having twins,but I'm rooting for you! :cheer:
Thank you countrycutieluv!
tarziesgirl (11-12-08)
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-12-08 | 05:35 PM

•  

I'm so happy for you! I hope you can deliver just the way you want!!! Congrats again!
Thank you brandimichelle!
tarziesgirl (11-12-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work