Baby Corner

Old 11-30-09, 02:47 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%
Default Surprise Landing!

Well most of the shock has worn off and I am making a totally surprising unexpected landing in this due date board!
Last Thursday was a total whirlwind. Last Wed. I went to the dentist for a long overdue cleaning and discovered that I have my FIRST ever cavity (at age 30 no doubt). The question was asked if I was pregnant I said no, so I made an appointment for the next day to get the cavity taken care of.
However after I left the dentists office I had this nagging feeling in the back of my head that said are you sure you're not pregnant? So I swung into the store and picked up a test, but did not say anything to DH, because given my past history and being diagnosed with PCOS, I just thought I was long overdue with AF again---nothing new.
So at 4 AM Thursday after putting my son back to bed I decided to go test because trying to POAS with 3 toddlers would be next to impossible. Imagine my shock when the test turned positive.
So after sitting in the bathroom for 15 minutes wondering how the heck this happened, I finally wandered back upstairs to wake up DH. He was in as much shock as I was when I told him. After much discussion we finally went back to sleep just before 7 AM.
When I got up at 8 and went to the bathroom, I noticed a whole heck of a lot of blood and began to wonder if the HPT was a false positive. So I call DH into the bathroom and aprise him of the situation. So he calls my mom who luckily had not left for work yet to come watch the kids so we could go to the ER.
Long story short, after spending all day in ER, bloodwork and an ultrasound, I am nine weeks( 10 weeks tomorrow) with an EDD of June 29, 2010. Oi. Four kids under 3, people are going to think we are insane.

Now I have an appointment with my family dr. on wed to get a referral to an ob. I am hoping to get the same dr I had for the twins or at least the dr that delivered the twins, since both know my history.
After being told there was no way we could conceive on our own, this is a surprise.

Old 11-30-09, 03:01 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

How wonderful! Congrats!

Old 11-30-09, 03:21 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

congrats, I hope you can get in to the OB soon.

Old 11-30-09, 03:44 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats. You are going to be one busy mama!

Old 11-30-09, 03:55 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

WOW! This is amazing news!! Congratulations!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools