Baby Corner

Old 12-30-08, 04:13 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Tender belly

I'm a bit worried, but have a scheduled appt in 2 hrs. Last night my belly, right around my belly button, started getting tender to the touch. Its not excruciating or anything, just tender to the slightest touch. Does anyone know how tender is "normal" as I don't remember feeling like this with my girls, but its been 6 yrs! A tender uterus is a sign of a placental abruption, so that's why I'm worried. I had one with Nicole, but it was during labor! I do have an anterior placenta. Baby is kicking just fine and my Braxton Hicks contractions aren't regular or getting stronger. I stayed up way too late monitoring/timing BH and movement.

Laura

Old 12-30-08, 09:16 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My appt went great! He said anatomically everything feels just right in that area. He wondered if it was a 3rd pg thing and said that his wife is pg with their 3rd and she is having the same thing! He's not sure what causes it, but sees it more with a third pg and it seems like a normal development after 20 weeks. He thinks it may be because women typically carry a 3rd larger, but that's just a theory.

And I expressed my concerns about the diabetes testing and he said while they routinely recommend it and I carry two risk factors for gestational diabetes (one being I'm over 25!), everything looks great and he's fine with me skipping the test as it made me soooo sick last time! And nothing would change if I had diabetes with the way I eat. I eat better then most gestational diabetics I know!

Laura

Old 12-30-08, 09:42 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Glad to hear that! I have to say I have had more strange/painful things with this one, and my Dr put it down to the 3rd pg also. He said your muscles and ligaments give up sooner because they have been stretched out so much from the previous pregnancies. Hang in there!

Old 12-30-08, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Glad all is well! I think I actually had that with Matthew.

Old 12-31-08, 12:39 PM
Christian Member

Thanked 32 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so glad everything is okay! That would be scary, but everything in this PG is scary to me. I worry about everything being normal or not because I've never been PG with twins before. I have noticed my belly being more sore this time, but double the baby to support. Its actually more on one side where the second baby's head is at.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools