Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > April - June Due Date Club Why is my appetite off the charts still??

Why is my appetite off the charts still??

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-28-09, 02:52 PM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%
Question Why is my appetite off the charts still??

Ok....so if they confirmed that I miscarried, why am I still eating like a pregnant woman?? Ive got this extra weight to lose again now and my appetite is out of control, anyone know whats going on!? Last time I had no appetite for weeks....

Old 10-28-09, 04:03 PM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

When I lost my first I still wanted to eat everything, even had to go to the store for Cheescake craving! In my case I think I was wanting to eat for emotional reasons adn believe me I did. It seems some pregnancy symptoms stay a little longer than wanted.
I just spoke to a friend of mine and she miscarried for the second time this past week and she said she still has morning sickness everyday. I am sure it will get better just give it time and make sure you allow yourself to feel the emotions that you will be going through.

Old 10-28-09, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

It takes awhile for your hormones to get back to normal. It could be partially because of that. I know my hairdresser noticed that my hair had fallen out (not all of it but a lot at once) like a person who had given birth and was growing back in. I think they reran the pregnancy beta levels 2 weeks after the d&c.
I also think it's emotional too.
I'm sorry you're going through this.

Old 10-28-09, 06:57 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 1020%

With my last m/c, my morning sickness lasted for about 2 weeks AFTER the D&C. The dr said it is because your hormones are wacked out. They thought you were pregnant and now your not and they are changing so much that you just have to let your body catch up so to speak. So sorry you have to go through this

Old 10-29-09, 11:37 AM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1720%

Thanks you guys, you're all so great. I'm glad you gave me all that info because I was getting morning sickness-y yesterday and was like uhhhhhh whats going on?? I'm doing alright, and definately dealing better since this is the second time, even though it still hurts. I feel like I ve accomplished absolutely nothing at work this week but ohhh well. Its good to have all of your wonderful info and I hope I'll be in here again...and for 9 instead of 1 month!! Thank you ladies, youre truely wonderful and I wish you the best:-)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools