Baby Corner

Old 07-28-09, 09:07 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 11.48%
Default 2babygirls/sharyn

How's the eating going with your girls?

Is Cafe Sharonee still open for business?

I thought of you last night when I got Josh to eat a "taco." (Ok, it was a soft taco shell with some cheese rolled in it, but it was a huge stride that he tried something new).

Old 07-28-09, 01:11 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 261.48%

*sigh* Dinner is difficult.

I was hoping I'd see more of a change by now. I make them eat 3 bites of everything and it takes forever with lots of coaxing and threats. Sometimes I have to set a timer and if they don't finish within the time they still have to eat it but have to go to bed afterwards. that happens to Leanna more - Rachel will put the food in her mouth and swallow it with water like a pill.

I was really hoping they'd find more to like but the only change is Leanna likes pasta sauce (but still won't eat more than 3 bites of it.)

I'm changing the rules to having to eat all the veggies (or sometimes fruit) but still only 3 bites of whatever the meat/protein is. Strangely, they are much more stubborn about not eating meats than veggies.

My goal is to be able to go to a regular resturant and not have to search for Rachel/Leanna friendly items! Even fast food is difficult - Rachel will only eat McD Chicken nuggets, Jack-in-th-box curly fries, BK onion rings, Taco bell or El Pollo Loco quesedillas. Leanna will eat chick nuggets from most places but doesn't like quesedillas.

So its going ok but not great. Thanks for thinking of me though!

I'm glad you got Josh to try something new! Hopefully he will keep it up!

Old 07-28-09, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 11.48%

I know your kids are older but the marble jar is really working for Josh. He can see it from the dinner table, and will fuss and whine but still eat what I ask most of the time.
The hardest part for us and most effective is not becoming emotionally involved in it. I hate when he won't eat, but I just shrug my shoulders and say, "well, you know what that means." He'll yell I WANT FRUIT SNACKS/MORE BREAD/whatever the thing is he wants that he can't have until he eats, and I say "Sure! Absolutely! We have plenty for you. Right after you eat your _______."

He ate 2 "cheese tacos" last night. He's never eaten a soft taco shell.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools