Baby Corner

Old 09-28-07, 12:47 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Question ? about cholesterol blood test

I had a blood test recently and my chlosterol # was 167 I think (or somewhere in the 160's). I know that's a decent enough number, and I'm happy about it... but...

Do you know how much blood cholesterol fluxuates depending on your very recent diet?? I've been sick on/off and haven't been eating much! I'm just wondering if I unknowingly "cheated" and got a good number because of it...

I'm also a little paranoid 'cause I remember a few years back that my cholesterol was more on the higher (approaching 200) side.

I don't remember my "good cholesterol" number, but the nurse said it was good too.

Last edited by Heidi1361; 09-28-07 at 12:51 PM.

Old 09-28-07, 07:37 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

I have no idea about any of this.

I've had a script in my purse for about 3 months for the cholesterol test and have never gone for the blood draw, because you can't even brush your teeth or drink water before. Ewe! Gross!

Old 09-28-07, 11:08 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 4130.83%

You should have a 12 hour fast for cholesterol. I would think that unless you had drastically changed your diet for over two weeks then it should be fairly accurate.

Old 09-29-07, 10:31 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Well... I wasn't asked to do any kind of fasting. It was a regular physical and the dr just followed it up with the bloodwork.

I don't think I ate much of anything that day, so it kind of WAS a "fasting" test, just not that STRICT of one!

I was sick for two+ weeks before my physical, so my diet was very different than normal (seeing as I wasn't really eating).
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools