Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
? about staple removal

? about staple removal

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 03-30-09 | 04:52 PM
  • Didn't really hurt at all. They more or less just take little cutters & snap the staple in 2 & the little halves left over come right out. The only ones that hurt were the ones that they did one right on top of another & there was dried blood (scab basically) that came off with it, but it still was only a slight pain. It did not start any sort of healing process all over.

I got all itchy a few days later as well, but my dr thinks I may have been allergic to the adhesive for the steri-strips they put on after they take out the staples. You should be fine to go to ds's game, except that I felt like a truck hit me when my milk came in & I got home from the hospital. But we stayed the entire 3 nights & 4 days and my staples were taken out right before we left. Just take it easy and bring a comfortable chair w/a back so you can relax.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
holly302 (03-30-09)
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 03-30-09 | 05:51 PM
  • I don't recall it hurting at all.
    they took mine out before I left he hospital and then put steri-strips on in its place.

I don't recall any pain at all.

I would imagine that since the skin of yours is already starting to heal up around the staples, there might be a bit of pricking as the staples get removed unlike mine when the skin didn't have time enough to start 'sticking', though.
Thank you skyqueen!
holly302 (03-30-09)
  • holly302 03-30-09 | 06:46 PM
  • thanks ladies!

well, I get to my OB's office and was told that he had an emergency c-section.

I didnt complain too much because one week ago today he flew out of his office for my emergency c-section and left 7 people in the waiting room.

I go in tomorrow at 1430. You all put my mind at ease..thanks so much.

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-30-09 | 08:21 PM
  • I take staples out all the time at work... you'll do fantastic!!!
Thank you brandimichelle!
holly302 (03-31-09)
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 03-30-09 | 09:16 PM
  • I had staples 2x (2 c-sections!!)

The first time it was just the "tugging"... no pain at all.

The second time it DID hurt... but that was because I'd WAITED too long to get them out... and my skin had a bad reaction to the metal. BUT EVEN THEN... it was QUICK... and I felt SOOOO much better when the staples were finally OUT of me.
Thank you Heidi1361!
holly302 (03-31-09)