Baby Corner

Old 01-17-13, 04:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 35.71%
Default Am I pregnant?

Hi Everyone!

I will be grateful if I can have your opinions or an advice to help me with my thoughts atm please.

Basically I had sex on January 6th and the condom split inside me and we carried on deciding to use the withdrawal method. So now my period should be arriving around the 27th of January.

The next two days on 8th January till now I am experiencing feeling nausea everyday, lower abdominal cramps everyday, tender breasts ( on and off), random headaches, sharp backache and a heartburn at one point, cant eat at times and this morning I discovered my gums were bleeding when I brushed my teeth. So I decided to buy a boots pregnancy test and it came up negative so I am not to sure if I am pregnant or not?

I don't know if it is because I am stressing, experiencing PMS or have I possibly taking the test too early yet?

All opinions and advice would be grateful at this stage thankyou so much taking your time in reading this!

Much Appreciated! x

Old 01-17-13, 05:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 207.14%

Pregnancy is a possibility when you aren't using protection. But right now it is probably too early to tell. What was the date of your last menstral period and how long are your cycles? I honestly think you are testing too early. My period is due the 19th and I only received a faint positive yesterday. I think it is more nerves that have you all messed up and not pregnancy. I would either wait until closer to the 27th or until your missed period to test again. Until then try to relax, I know easier said than done. Hope this helps....

Old 01-17-13, 06:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 35.71%

Thankyou so much for your reply really appreciate your time everything is new to me... Yeah thats what Im currently thinking maybe it is too early to tell will wait till next week and test again, the date of my last menstral period is around the 30th December roughly 28 days cycle - really that is really interesting you only had a faint positive line 2 days before your period, good luck and best wishes to you! :-) Yeah you have helped me :-) thankyou again for your advice will take your advice and wait till the 27th! until now I will keep myself busy for a week. Best wishes to you and god bless!

Old 01-21-13, 04:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 85.71%

I'm in the same boat but me and my partner are trying ! My period is due in 4 days and I'm experiencing being tired, waves of sickness, mood swings, using the toilet more, I'm bloating and so hungry... I also had spotting which is a sign of the egg entering the uterus... So it's a waiting game.... I HATE IT ! Especially because I'm so tearful !
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools