Baby Corner

Old 01-12-08, 08:44 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 31.85%
Default Another child...

How did you know you were ready for baby #2. T is only five months old but DH has been talking about child number two for at least a couple of months now. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I definately want more children, but as to when, now I don't know. DH would like to adopt again after T's first birthday or try for a natural child but this means going back to fertility treatments which we are planning to start this month but I just feel like I am a rock and a hard place. Does that make sense?

Old 01-12-08, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I felt like I was ready immediately after Ben was born, maybe because I was pretty sure it would be a long road, of trying again. DH himself wasn't totally convinced till Ben hit a year old and then he knew that he was ready, although we hadn't prevented at all since Ben was born and had only gone back to talk to our doctor when he was 9 months old.

The age split that we will have now is just over 2 1/2 years and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am so glad that I got this 2 1/2 years to spend with Benjamin and to just enjoy him.

I am sure you guys will come to a decision that is right for you guys

Old 01-12-08, 08:57 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 11.48%

I would say... think about how far apart in age you want your children to be. Then, figure out when you would have to get things in order for it to happen then.
I know with fertility treaments you don't have a lot of control over when it really happens. I knew I wanted another child. I knew I was already 30. I knew ttc would be a struggle. So, as soon as my ob said it was ok, I started ttc'ing again. I wound up getting pg fairly quickly (compared to last time).
I think you have to be mentally ready for that second baby and then you just have to take the leap of faith so to speak.

Old 01-12-08, 10:18 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 2.22%

When Joe was about 4 minutes old, I turned to my DH and said, "I'm ready, let's do it again. Then, Joe didn't sleep through the night well, I had to go back to work, pay for daycare and all of that....

I was really ready when Joe was 2. DH said no to TTC when he was one and asked me to wait a year.... I got PG and miscarried at 11.5 weeks. We had to wait and then got pg pretty fast after that...

Tommy is 3years, 9 mos. younger than Joe and it's totally awesome....!!! Joe and Tommy play and are best buds... Best thing -- they won't be in college at the same time -- they will be 4 years apart in school!

You have to go with your heart and gut!!

Old 01-13-08, 10:27 AM
CL Makenna & Kieran's Mom

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

As silly as it sounds I think you just know. When Makenna was 14 months we just knew we wanted another baby. We gave up the birth control and thought whatever happens. We found out we were pregnant at the end of the month. I would talk to hubby and let him know that you are not sure at this time.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools