Baby Corner

Old 11-03-08, 07:59 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 588.33%
Default Anti-anxiety meds

Anybody take an anti-anxiety regularly? I've been taking Lexapro for a few years but I'd like to try something else. Once in a while I'll get into a funk & can't get myself motivated to work and somebody told me Lexapro did the same thing to them.

Old 11-03-08, 08:25 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 9.17%

I used to take ativan or klonopin on an as needed basis for anxiety attacks. They are pretty strong though and I only took them if it was a bad attack as a "rescue" drug.

I take Paxil CR as a maintenance drug for my anxiety but am just starting to wean off of it (after almost 10 years).

I hear good things about Wellbutrin and Zoloft for maintenance anti-anxiety/depression drugs.

I know Wellbutrin gives you more of a boost than some of the other SSRI's which sort of slow you down.

Old 11-03-08, 08:43 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 588.33%

Thanks. I'm going to look up those drugs.
My issue is that without Lexapro stupid irritating things will start to tick me off & then I start to bite everybody's heads off. One of the possible side effects of Klonopin can be anger issues so I don't want to use that. I had Adivan as a sleeping pill for a while (Klonopin too - I think its double dose for sleeping pill) and it quit working for me as a sleeping pill so I don't think its good for long term use.

Old 11-03-08, 11:24 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 9.17%

Ativan can be very addictive. I had a few friends who had trouble coming off of it.

Best of luck to you. Anxiety is such a difficult and penetrating illness. I can go years without an attack and then BAM it is like I haven't missed a day with one. My body can go right back to fight or flight mode.

Old 11-04-08, 09:40 AM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience

Anxiety is such a difficult and penetrating illness. I can go years without an attack and then BAM it is like I haven't missed a day with one. My body can go right back to fight or flight mode.

That is so true! I have Ativan to take when I'm feeling anxious. Knowing I have it helps me when I start to feel my anxiety level creeping up.

Quote:
My issue is that without Lexapro stupid irritating things will start to tick me off & then I start to bite everybody's heads off
There are so many different anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drugs on the market. You might switch to a different one and see how it makes you feel. I think they all seem to cause different reactions. The other thing that you might try is discussing with your doctor the dosage you are on. Sometimes, changing the dosing a little bit can help a lot too.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools