Baby Corner

Old 10-23-09, 01:05 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandimichelle

I will probably be slammed by this... but H1N1 is just a different strain of the flu... they even have said they shouldn't have jumped the gun on the whole "h1n1 or swine flu" because it really is just another branch of the flu....
Yes, but its causing fatal illnesses in people the "normal" flu does not kill.
Thank you 2babygirls!
Patience (10-23-09)

Old 10-23-09, 04:15 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%

The regular flu doesn't usually cause massive respiratory problems in the young. Seasonal flu hits the elderly the hardest. Also flu season NEVER starts this early. It is past last years peak 3 months ahead of schedule.

There were also more pediatric deaths this month than all of last seasonal flu season. Seasonal flu has yet to even start in our area.

That all adds up to a major difference to me.

If the flu is a virus and there are a million viruses then each cold,flu (whether seasonal of H1N1) is a unique and potentially harm causing being. The viruses can affect different people and different areas of the body with each mutation or cellular difference.

Just like how everyone calls the stomach but the flu. It isn't!

Old 10-24-09, 12:57 AM
is sad
Community Member

Thanked 144 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

but i think that still, there are a lot of cases and (comparatively) few deaths. yes it's scary, and yes, it's scary that youngsters are getting so sick, but i still don't think it's something to panic about.

it is just another flu, but the usual flu vaccinations don't work for it.
2 Users Says Thank You
brandimichelle (10-24-09), Patience (10-24-09)

Old 10-24-09, 10:41 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2KNIH

I aske about the reg. flu shot and the H1N1 flu mist at my Peds office and they said they only had the ones in that were for state funded patients!!! So because I have health insurance, I have to wait for another batch to come in??? That is crap if you ask me!! I am (or my children rather) being punished because I have health insurance for my kids

Los Angeles County opened some clinics on Fri. I just found this which sort of makes sense as people who cannot pay pay for medical care can't get treated, but its still not fair: "The public H1N1 vaccination clinics are for people in the established Priority Groups who have no other usual source of care ."
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools