Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
anyone get this kind of motion sickness?

anyone get this kind of motion sickness?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 07-23-09 | 01:46 PM
  • I remember awhile back there was a thread about motion sickness, but I was wondering if anyone else gets *this* type of motion sickness???

When I'm playing a video game, or watching something that's virtual reality/3d etc I get very very sick! For example, I can't play Mario Kart, and haven't been able to since about the Nintendo64 years. Anything that makes you feel like you're moving down the road, flying, etc, and I'm not actually moving or flying and I'm

Now, at Universal Studios when you get inside a simulator that actually mimics the movements of it, I'm fine.

Is there any way to treat this? I tried to play Mario today and it didn't end well.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 07-23-09 | 07:58 PM
  • It sounds familiar - like something I've heard of before but I can't quite remember. Do you wear glasses - maybe its something with your eyes?

A while back there was a movie and because of the way it was filmed people were getting naseous when they watched it - but I can't remember the name of that either!

• 3Princes 07-23-09 | 08:33 PM
  • No--- I don't wear glasses at all.

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 07-24-09 | 01:07 AM
  • Well if you ever go to an eye doc for a checkup I'd mention it. Maybe its some sort of miscommunication between your eyes & brain.

I know there was at least once when reading or watching something blurry or fast moving made me a little queezy but I can't remember the details. This is going to bug me now until I remember what it was!

ETA I don't even attempt games like mario kart...they move to fast for me to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing.

• Patience Patience's Avatar 07-24-09 | 10:32 AM
  • I get that way. I never used to but now that I'm "older" I can't watch certain video games or go to the Imax theater. I have never actually gotten sick but only because I leave and get some air/chew gum, etc... before it gets to that point.

Maybe talk to your doc next time you go and maybe there are some eye exercises you could do or something.

I just chalk it up to getting older and less cool. LOL!