Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question Anyone have and summer vacation plans?

Anyone have and summer vacation plans?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-24-12, 09:46 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 7824.55%

I agree--being a grownup STINKS! I wanna go back to being a kid!

Old 05-25-12, 11:30 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1747.27%

Nope, no plans. Since Im still unemployed, we got a pool from a friend, so we had to put some $ into it. It came w/ a pool deck...were excited, so most of our summers will be spent in the backyard.

Old 05-25-12, 03:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 3401.82%

Nothing wrong with staycations! We have a fire pit in out back yard and I think the kids would rather hang out there then anything else.

I will also throw in a plug for State Parks. That's what we've done for the last few years. The cabins are usually really cheap, sometimes rustic (i.e. gas lights, no tv, no ac,) depending on the park and my kids LOVE it. The parks almost always have some type of swimming available and lots of hiking. I just wanted to mention it because a lot of people overlook them.

Old 05-25-12, 10:33 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 6138.18%

LOL, thanks Taylor. Dh & I did cabin camping & canoing one year, with the dog, and it was great. But I've been too nervous to try anything like that until the kids are older. And now especially with one still in diapers and formula. Heck, we could go camping on a beach at a State Park that is a 20 minute drive away, but I always come up with so many reasons why that would be a bad idea!

Latest Articles
How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

How to Be a Great Hands On Parent to Your Toddler
It's important for parents to be an active influence in their toddler's life. Learn how to be an award winning hands on parent.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools