Baby Corner

Old 09-17-07, 05:29 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I prettymuch did nothing with the bottom unless it was red-dish.

I didn't wipe with wipes unless it was poopy (that means, I didn't wipe for just pee) and I was very careful the type of wipes I did use because many of them caused outbreaks for my sensitive skin babies.
When the skin was getting reddish, I would smother with a TON of desitin as a barrier. (regular not the creme or other versions). Vaseline works as a barrier too but I think the zinc actually does the best in blocking and staying put. I would smere it on so you couldn't see the skin at all - and that was when I knew it was thick enough.

I never really had too much nekid time. Sarah was a SERIOUS wetter (and still is

) and unless I wanted everything wet, there was never a good time for her to be nekid. Andrew... well... he wasn't quite as bad but I had to be a quick changer for him because the actual act of changing was pure torture to him so I just did it all in one quick effort rather than draw it out with an interim nekid time.

Old 09-17-07, 09:04 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I didn't use much when my boys were little. I tried lots of stuff, but never found anything that worked until I tried the little forest brand products.

They are the most awesome baby skin care products I could ever find.

Old 09-17-07, 09:43 PM
Maddie & Delaney's Mummy

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't put anything on her until except for her bedtime nappy, when I put Palmers cream on. She hasn't had any nappy rash at all, so I'm happy!

Old 09-17-07, 10:24 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I always wiped them with a wipe (usually Huggies brand) whether they pooped or peed.

My kids didn't really get diaper rashes EXCEPT for when they were put on antibiotics for some reason. THAT gave them diaper rash!

When they got a diaper rash I'd
A) STOP using baby wipes & switch to paper towels & warm water
B) Air out the bum for as long as I dared
C) Smother the bum with Desitin (regular)
And the next diaper change I'd do the same EXCEPT I'd replace the Desitin with a layer of neosporin... it sped up the healing.

Old 09-18-07, 11:53 AM
is tired of sneezing
Mommy to 2 Boys

Thanked 117 Times
Weekly Activity 820%

we used the butt paste for rashes other than that we used nothing
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools