Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Baby layette

Reply Post New Topic

• nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 03-02-10 | 02:40 PM
  • Now this may sound like a very silly question, but what do I need for a summer baby? My other three kids were born towards the end of summer ( August) and here in Alberta the weather already starts to change then.
    So for this baby being born in June, I don't know how much of every thing I'll need clothing wise. I'm on a hunt for all my gender neutral onesies, but what do you suggest in terms of outfits for those really hot dog days of summer?
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 03-02-10 | 02:50 PM
  • My youngest was born in the middle of June and most of the time I just had her in those decorative onsies...maybe w/ some shorts. Keep socks on hand for a/c though.
  • 3Princes 03-02-10 | 02:52 PM
  • I didn't have a summer baby but I did have a spring baby. I did a onesie or the one piece outfit/romper things when it got hot in the summer. Also make sure baby has a hat. Do you have a/c? Because we do, and I didn't think about it being cool in the house at night. I bought some lightweight sleepers for that.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 03-02-10 | 03:30 PM
  • I'd dress my Spring babies in a light weight knit sleeper and then a light blanket for swaddling. They never got overheated, but we have A/C and they'd get cold. One piece rompers were great for going out combined with a blanket when it would get cool. Everett was born in April and he lived in lightweight sleepers nearly all the time. He had very few actual outfits as he outgrew a size every 3 weeks!

Laura

• lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 03-02-10 | 04:13 PM
  • ITA about the one piece rompers. Always keep a couple in the diaper bag in case the baby gets sweaty. Joseph was born in February so we had spring and summer baby stuff pretty quick. Those rompers were the best for our hot muggy TN summers.