Default Binkie Question

Are binkies bad for teeth?

Old 09-02-08, 01:05 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

I've heard they are.... Avery uses a Nuk which was recommended by a pediatric denist to us.... We plan to take it away by the time she is 18mo old though.

Old 09-02-08, 01:14 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

i honestly dont know. lola doesnt take one, except on rare occasion when she is irritable or trying to wind down from nap. i had to give her one the other day so i could take pics of her in her tutu!

my dentist also recommended the Nuks, but Lola refused it. over and over i tried and she would just spit them out. the ones she takes now are the Mam. since she doesnt get it often and we dont give it to her at all at night, im not too worried about it.

Old 09-02-08, 01:14 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Yes.. Chloe had hers a bit too long.. when we went to the Dentist for the 1st time he immediately asked if she had a binkie after looking at her teeth. I said yes and he recommended getting rid of it fast.. she'd developed an overbite because she was more holding it with her teeth rather than sucking it. we tossed it 2 days later in trade for polly pockets..

He said if we did it soon they could go back to normal.

Old 09-02-08, 01:16 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

sort of.

a baby can develop an overbite -- but once the pacifier is gone, ... the teeth almost always move back.
And it doesn't seem to matter what the 'style' of pacifier either.

My son had a terrible overbite, but he's now just about perfectly normal and he was an impossible to get rid of pacifier junkie that lasted clear into his 3s.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools