Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Birthday party

Birthday party

Reply Post New Topic

• DanieH DanieH's Avatar 02-16-10 | 03:56 PM
  • Kaitlyn got invited to a U-Bounce party next month. We were there a few months ago b/c they gave a party for their daughter(who are cousins and are in the same class together)..this time its for their 3 yr old son. I took both girls w/ me the first time and it was a nightmare. Kaitlyn didnt want to go on anything and if she did I had to come. Kinda makes it hard when u also have a 2 yr old that u have to watch, whos too small to go on anything. They enjoyed the pizza and cake, but is it worth it? The party is at 12:30, so my husband wont be home in time from work to watch the little one. Should I just bail or see if my MIL will watch at least the little one, but that doesnt mean my oldest will participate in anything.

Last edited by DanieH; 02-16-10 at 04:14 PM..
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 02-16-10 | 05:10 PM
  • Personally I would RSVP "sorry can't come". Why would Kaitlyn want to go to a party that she does not like the activity involved? I would just pass on this party . . . .
Thank you MrsPook!
DanieH (02-17-10)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 02-16-10 | 05:21 PM
  • Yep, I'd pass, too.

Thank you Dopey406!
DanieH (02-17-10)
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 02-16-10 | 05:41 PM
  • With my kids, the first exposure is sometimes not a go. She might really enjoy it this time! I'd see if MIL can watch the 2 yr old and your oldest might surprise you!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
DanieH (02-17-10)
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 02-16-10 | 06:03 PM
  • I agree with Laura. She may like it better this time since it isnt new to her. I would see if MIL would watch the younger one and take the older one and see if she does better this time. If it still doesnt workout, you could always tell them you have to go because you have to pick up the baby.
Thank you Keepers!
DanieH (02-17-10)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work