Baby Corner

Old 12-07-08, 12:00 AM
is looking forward to a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!
VIP Member

Thanked 338 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%
Default Bullying

The bus stop thread got me wondering about Bullying...DS rides the bus and for those in Kindergarten they sit in the front and the rest consume the back of the bus. DS has been very upset lately about the bus because of "Annie" because she tells the younger kids she's going to "report" them...and my DS is so upset and nervous thinking she has the power to do it. SO, I told him (secretly wanting to kick Annie's ... ummm, EGO) to stand tall and tell her GO ahead and then I will report you for lying...he's SO afraid of having to go the principal (and not because of me, on his own) that because she's older she must be right..and that he won't be believed.

Do you guys have any bullies or are you raising them?

Last edited by FingersX; 12-07-08 at 12:04 AM.

Old 12-07-08, 12:20 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%

If there are any bullies at our school, then I don't know about them. Our school tries really REALLY hard to work on those life skills things and the kids are really interested in winning their 'spirit awards' for doing good things instead of the bad things. The teachers and bus drivers and the recess monitors etc are all very good about squelching any of that stuff too.

I would write a note and have your DS deliver it to the bus driver stating that he has been telling you for weeks that he is being threatened by this girl and it's really starting to affect him and you would appreciate the driver stepping in and putting the girl in her place so she doesn't terrorize the kids anymore.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools