Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
bursting out of the house!

bursting out of the house!

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 02-11-10 | 01:44 PM
  • I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden our house seems soooo tiny! We don't even have a lot of the "baby gear" out yet, but it seems like there is crap everywhere. From the kids school projects, to mail, to baby stuff, to I don't even know what!!

I'm sitting here thinking I should do something but I don't even know what!!! Where do I begin so that I'm not backtracking over and over again, since i have stuff in the basement, stuff in our rooms, stuff everywhere!

I should mention that we work hard to keep clutter down normally, and over the past few months it seems to have fallen apart!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 02-11-10 | 05:14 PM
  • Welcome to my life.

We just have so much stuff. I'm constantly getting rid of things and it just piles up again!
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 02-11-10 | 05:47 PM
  • Yea, I dream of the day the Clean Sweep team just shows up at my house & helps me get rid of all this crap & gives me a great new space in the process! ahhhh, one can dream....
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 02-11-10 | 06:31 PM
  • Ours feels like the walls are closing in partially since we've all been home the past few weeks. DH and the kids have been off of school since last Friday so I am feeling surrounded.

I'm sure it has been a busy few weeks and things will stabilize and get more routine soon. I know winter always feels that way here too. With all the extra coats, boots, gloves, etc... it really piles up.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 02-12-10 | 02:53 PM
  • Dh and I feel that way all the time. We have no basement, no attic and no garage so we use a bedroom as a storage room. We are in the process of putting in new cabinets in our eating area of the kitchen to alleviate some of the issues. We are getting rid of a side board type piece and getting 6 foot tall pantry cabinets and lining one wall with 3 or 4 of them. Our kitchen cabinets are the cheapo white ones from lowes (here when we moved in) so they were easy to match. It won't be a fashion statement, but it will be a place to out some of our stuff!

Good luck!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work