Baby Corner

Old 04-22-09, 10:26 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I was sold on the nautilus until I read that the crotch strap is very close to the back of the seat and due to that, many kids have to switch to using it as a booster before exceeding the height and weight limits of the strapped parts. The fact that it is $100 cheaper is a definite plus, but not if she is not going to get the full use out of it!

Anyone else hear about that?

Old 04-22-09, 12:58 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I have heard that, but its only a problem with huskier kids. With the way you describe your daughter I assume she's tall and thin. Its still a good option for you I'd think. I'd go down and look at the seat in the store and try it out with her. My tall (well one is tall) and thin girls did just fine even in cloth diapers and being late potty learners in seats that were known for having crotch strap depth issues. You really need to try your child in the seat to see if it will be an issue.

Also look at the True Fit. It has super high strap heights (higher then the Marathon!) and I could still strap my girls in one but not for too much longer for my youngest. My shorter then her sister 7 yr old would still fit nicely until she's say 9 in one

She's petite and all leg though. Its sold at stores like Target so you can easily go check it out. You could also rear face her where she'd statistically speaking be 5 times safer. Its a nice seat for the same price as the Nautilus or there abouts. You'd still need a dedicated booster in many yrs, but the combo booster/harnessed seats are not all they are cracked up to be!

And really who knows what new safety technology they will develop in a few yrs anyway that will make you want to upgrade her seat! I was very happy spending the money on a high back booster with the most up to date safety technology for side impact forces then I would have if I bought a combo seat 5 yrs ago that didn't have that potential protection! Technology changes quickly! Graco is also rumored to be coming out with a new seat this summer that has a 40 lb rear facing limit on it. My oldest could have rear faced until she was about 5 in that seat

Laura

Thank you LAB!
teddybear1082 (04-22-09)

Old 04-22-09, 02:13 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1176.67%

If you can, take a tape measure and measure the height of the top harness holes in the seats you are looking at. The one with the highest holes will fit your child longer.
Thank you 2babygirls!
teddybear1082 (04-22-09)

Old 04-23-09, 12:00 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babygirls

If you can, take a tape measure and measure the height of the top harness holes in the seats you are looking at. The one with the highest holes will fit your child longer.
I just wish all manufacturers would put that info online like britax does! It is a pain to have to go to the store to do the research myself!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools