Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Cleaning bathroom floors

Cleaning bathroom floors

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 08-11-08 | 08:03 AM
  • [SIZE="3"]How do you go about cleaning the bathroom floors... and what do you use??

I have 2 boys who don't have the greatest aim & I think my Dh misses a little at night too

... I'm constantly cleaning that #$%& floor.

Currently, I have some orange all-purpose cleaner which I use on the floors. I mix it in a bucket (not a big batch, since it's a small floor!). I get down on my hands/knees with a rag soaked in cleaner to do the toilet base & around the toilet base ('cause the mop doesn't fit back there). Then I do the rest with the mop.

And then I repeat 1-2 days later!!! I am fast at it though

... I'm done cleaning it in under 5min these days!! Practice makes perfect I guess!

[/SIZE]

Last edited by Heidi1361; 08-11-08 at 08:05 AM..
  • Laurie Laurie's Avatar 08-11-08 | 08:56 AM
  • Baby wipes for the upstairs bathroom because it seems like someone in this house sheds pubes like snow in the Artic circle. I just get down on my hands and knees and do the whole floor.

For the toilet area I use Clorox spray and a million paper towels. Sure, I am killing a tree, but since I am on pi$$ duty, I splurge.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 08-11-08 | 11:14 AM

•  
    @ Laurie.

I use clorox wipes around the base and the actual toliet almost every day. Then once a week I srub it with pinesol and sometimes vinegar.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 08-11-08 | 11:31 AM

•  
    I use the wipes on a regular basis and then I use Mr. Clean and wash the floor on my hands and knees. I HATE mops.. totally worthless to me.. so I get down on my knees and scrub all my floors.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 08-11-08 | 11:49 AM
  • me too - I use the wipes for around the toilet outsides almost daily and for the floor, sometimes I wipe up with the clorox wipe, but usually I just hand wash with a sponge and diluted bleach water.