Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question Does everyone have there Christmas tree up....?

Does everyone have there Christmas tree up....?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-16-07, 01:33 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question Does everyone have there Christmas tree up....?

But me

My parents were coming up this weekend to get our tree with us, I am driving a 1968 VW beetle and it is going to be hard to tie a tree to the top of it so they always come up and take us to get our tree. Well thursday I found out they were bringing my nephew and sister (that is a whole thread in its self) but I told them I can't handle the stress of my nephew and sister coming and if that were the case not to come, well they decided not to come so now we are trying to find somewhere close to get a tree and no one has the bailer thingy so we can put it on the top of my car. So do you have your tree up?? Sorry maybe this should have went' on the vent board

Old 12-16-07, 03:59 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I bet they could tie a small tree to your bug! Just look for a 6' or less one! (And try not to drive too far!)

Good luck & sorry the weekend didn't go as planned!

We've had ours up for a bit over a week I guess.

Old 12-16-07, 05:27 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Well we just came in from cutting one out of the yard DH says even charlie brown would be embaressed by it but it is better then a fake tree (no offence but it just didn't feel like christmas the one year we had a fake tree) Now to cut the top off and make it short enought to fit in the house the tip is probably 2 + foot tall but dosn't really have much green on it

So we will just be using the middle of the tree.

Old 12-16-07, 05:49 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 62%

Jenny - Sorry your plans did not work out. I am sure your cut tree will be great!

I am a firm believer in real trees myself and have NEVER had a fake one in my 31 years! We got ours and put it up at the end of November!

Old 12-16-07, 07:38 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I couldn't possibly handle a fake tree either.
#1 - it's environmentally terrible to have a fake tree!
#2 - no smell
#3 - they look terrible compared to the real thing!

I bet you they could have tied a tree (bailed or not) to the top of your bug if you had any sort of a luggage rack at all up there. (some bugs do).
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools