Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Does everyone have there Christmas tree up....?

Does everyone have there Christmas tree up....?

Reply Post New Topic

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 12-17-07 | 09:07 AM
  • Ya I have no luggage rack and the closest tree place said it wouldn't be a good idea and DH didn't think it oud either and the one with a bailer is 45 mins away taking the highway (that is all we have around here 55 MPH) so it wasn't a good idea.
    Now my next delima to find the tree stand it was where I thought it was.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 12-17-07 | 10:27 AM
  • Why is a fake tree environmentally terrible?

It's not like you use it one time and toss it. Cutting our forest down to provide the world with trees sounds more environmentally bad to me.

Glad you got a tree put up.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 12-17-07 | 11:07 AM

•  
    Glad to hear you have your cut tree!

Enjoy..

I have a fake tree.. it looks gorgeous in my opinion.. and nicer to the environment since it replaced us chopping 6 trees down ..

We've had it for 6 years..

Not to mention.. if the chopped tree dries out (and ours always did due too our extremely dry heat) it's a bigger fire hazzard than a fake tree.

Last edited by Bethann73; 12-17-07 at 11:33 AM..
  • 3Princes 12-17-07 | 11:12 AM
  • Yeah, I thought it was funny you said a fake tree is envoronmentally terrible! You would find a way to make cutting down thousands of trees good for the environment-- I cant wait to hear it!

My mother had the same fake tree passed down from her mom so the tree (which I finally made her get rid of) lasted 35ish years.

FAKE TREES ARE DA BOMB BTW. When the kids are a little older we'll definitely go to the tree place nearby, where you get on a horse drawn trailer, go out into the field, cut it down yourself, and all that jazz. For now, I can do without the needles, watering, worrying about it falling over, etc-- too large a price to pay for a smell IMO.

I'm glad you got the real tree you wanted though and hope you find the stand.

Last edited by 3Princes; 12-17-07 at 11:31 AM..
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-17-07 | 01:34 PM
  • We have ours up. We found a great place with 100's of trees for only $29!!

The girls love the circle train underneath, too!