Baby Corner

Old 07-11-11, 08:56 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 6.29%

Thanks Susan! The chemicals were so very confusing. Most pool stores only deal in big inground chemical ratios, so we really had to google and research to figure it all out.

So far the test strips are showing that it is in balance. The one night the chlorine was a bit high, but the sun of the next day brought it in to safe range again.

Sheri, I agree. I'd love a real pool someday. It seems a bit of a waste with our bad winters, but all the more reason to REALLY enjoy the nice weather. Dh thinks I'm crazy to want a pool since I'm not a swimmer. I can't swim, but I just love the feel of water and the privacy to enjoy our own pool. I never feel 100% comfortable "splashing around" in a public pool.
Thank you Patience!
Sheri (07-12-11)

Old 07-11-11, 10:56 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 3.43%

Not to be a Debbie Downer -- just a quick concern/question...

With the vinyl pools, is bleach a safe chemical? Will it hurt or break down the vinyl?

Curious...

Old 07-12-11, 07:59 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 46.29%

I was thinking it would Sarah. I'm not sure but I would investigate that before using too much.

Old 07-12-11, 09:30 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 6.29%

The bleach (or any of the chemicals) probably aren't great for vinyl liners, but thankfully we don't use very much of it (4-5 cups depending on the chemical reading) and it is diluted by the 1700 gallons of water in there.

I think those easy pools aren't really meant to last very long. If we get any more than the summer out of it, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

This year the size is great for the kids, but I'm guessing next year they will find it too small. I'm just hoping Ilijana gets over her intense fear and learns to like and feel comfortable in the water. Her friend was swimming like a fish in it yesterday. It got Ili to at least dunk up to her ears. It is a start.

It is so strange for me seeing the kids friends do things with such ease and enjoyment. Then to see my kids (mainly DD when it comes to water) struggle so awkwardly to do what comes naturally to others. KWIM? Ili is very athletic and strong, but when it comes to swimming she is like a newborn deer trying to stand for the first time. UGH!

Swimming lessons once a week just aren't helping. The peer pressure in the little pool seems to be getting us the furthest. LOL!

Old 07-12-11, 10:47 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 46.29%

I hope she overcomes the fears!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools