Baby Corner

Old 06-29-12, 10:41 AM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 2261.36%
Default Endometriosis?

Does anyone else have Endometriosis? It apparently only occurs in 6-10% of women, and i would just like to know and talk about it with someone else dealing with it for support or questions. Thanks

Old 06-29-12, 11:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 1700.91%

My wife is one of the 6-10%.

Old 06-29-12, 04:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 2261.36%

okay well did hers get worse after pregnancy? I had to go to University of Tennessee while I was pregnant and have surgery bc it spread to all of my organs and I had two cysts the size of grapefruits around my uterus preventing my baby from growing. well after I had her im having problems I think are related to the endometriosis but I lost my insurance so I cant go to the dr. How is it going for her?

Old 07-02-12, 04:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 1700.91%

It was a lot better for her, if not gone during pregnancy, and seemed to flare up aftewards. It got bad enough that she developed some issues with her pain medication as a result. She is on a heavy duty birth control as it really gets painful when she has her period. She tried to go off it a while ago and did develop cysts, but I've never heard anything about it spreading to other organs.

I don't know where you're from but most state university's have medical schools that should have ob/gyn clinics where you could get help w/o insurance. We have ins. but go to WVU Physicians because they are better than any of the private practice people in out area.
Thank you raabta01!
MollysMommy (07-03-12)

Old 07-03-12, 11:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 2261.36%

I have it around my uterus, on my ovaries, and around my Fallopian tubes. The couldnt successfully remove it dur9ing my pregnancy so they just drained them and got 2 Liters of fluid from them. I was on Birth control to "help control it" Depo shot, and it just made me gain weight and bleed for a little over a month straight.
I have the really bad pains to where im in bed just laying there crying but i never got any medication for it since i found out i had it while i was pregnant, when i thought i had a miscarriage, but luckily didnt. It was good i found out when i did or the dr.'s said i could have miscarried.
Is there anything, besides her pain medicine, that works with the pains?
And another question, is it safe, or ok, to let this go untreated or is it very serious?
I will have to check for those clinics you are talking about, im sure we do, i just dont know where or what the process it.
Thank you.

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools