Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Family website?

Family website?

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 05-29-08 | 09:23 PM
  • [SIZE="3"]Do you have a website for your family... to share pics & stories & etc??

Do you like it??
    Is it free??
    Do other (outside) family members look at it regularly... or is it pretty much just for you??

I'd like to start one... need somewhere to start!

Thanks in advance!
    [/SIZE]
Thank you Heidi1361!
3Princes (05-29-08)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 05-29-08 | 10:18 PM
  • We have a family website. DH built it (it's currently under "reconstruction"). We use it to show his family, who all live 250+ miles away what's going on around here.

It's not free--he pays for the domain registration and for the hosting fee.

DH is a software engineer and he creates websites as a profession, so it's easy for him. I don't have anything to do with it (at least for now--the "reconstruction" will be dynamic enough that even I will be able to update it

).
Thank you Dopey406!
Chickie (05-30-08)
  • addygirl addygirl's Avatar 05-29-08 | 11:14 PM
  • I used to and our friends/families checked it often.

An old friend managed the domain (or whatever) for me. I knew their photo hosting company was being shut down, but they never told me it would affect my webpage.

I want to do a new one, but never take the time to find and easy program to use ...or learn how to REALLY do one myself.

Thank you addygirl!
Chickie (05-30-08)
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 05-29-08 | 11:53 PM
  • I use shutterfly and they let you register a free "site" to share your pics. It doesn't cost anythign and it is really easy. You can also use privacy settings and passwords if you don't want it public. We like it because the grandparents can order print directly off it.
Thank you Janine!
Chickie (05-30-08)
  • cynthia cynthia's Avatar 05-30-08 | 12:06 AM
  • YES! We use

Its free and its SO great! You can post pics, videos, stories, news, and even a family tree. We have about 20 family members that joined it and I would say about 12 are regulars that visit often and post pics and news. I check it everyday!

3 Users Says Thank You
brandimichelle (05-30-08), Chickie (05-30-08), Heidi1361 (05-30-08)