Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
formula preparation.....

formula preparation.....

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 03-19-08 | 09:41 PM
  • My kids both did powdered formula for a few months between breastfeeding & cows milk...

I used bottled water.

I poured 3-4 bottles the night before, added the formula & shook them all up. Then they waited in the fridge until the next day when they were used. (Shaking them up the night before also gave them lots of time for the bubbles to dissapate... less gas!)
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 03-19-08 | 10:14 PM
  • I never knew you were suppoed to boil the water until baby #2 was 3 mo & her pediatrician told me I could stop boiling water.

Okaaayyy

And the only solution I could find for mixing formula was bfing - its instant.

• Chickie Chickie's Avatar 03-20-08 | 08:52 AM
  • Why not just use bottled water at room temp, microwave it for 15 seconds, add formula and shake?
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 03-20-08 | 09:20 AM
  • I would skip putting the filled bottles in the fridge, after you fill them with boiled water cap them and put them on the counter. that is what I did with DS. than all you have to do is add powder and shake.
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 03-20-08 | 11:45 AM
  • thanks Mlmom23, i think that's what I'm going to do!!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!