Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question Getting a Delivery

Getting a Delivery

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-19-09, 10:10 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 7.5%
Question Getting a Delivery

How do you get the delivery person to deliver to the OTHER door? I posted two signs out back, so I'm hoping that will work, I guess we'll see what happens (we're expecting a package from Vision Forum next week sometime.)

If it DOESN'T work, what can we do? We dont' use our back door but maybe once or twice a week to take out garbage or go to the freezer in the garage and we dont' want anything to get rained/snowed on or stolen!

Old 03-19-09, 11:37 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 882.5%

A note on the door should work. I've directed delivery services to my neighbors' if I wasn't going to be home. If its UPS or FedEx you may be able to call them.

Old 03-20-09, 09:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I had one Fed Ex delivery last week and it was wacko - our back door is up a bi-level deck all the way around the back - the guy had to make a path through the snow. Our front door is right in front - 5 ft from where he was parked. We were all home so it's not like he tried the front first. Very odd! I have a dry erase board at eye level close to the front door and will leave a msg for deliveries, all of our regular drivers know to look there if they don't get an answer.

Old 03-20-09, 10:28 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4220%

I've never had anything delivered to anywhere but my front door, so I am not sure, but I think a sign on th e door would work.

Old 03-20-09, 12:04 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I would IMAGINE the sign WOULD work...

but if it doesn't... I would put a folding chair (outside) right in front of the door with a sign (in a zippy bag) taped to the chair. "Deliveries to the front door only please."

Sorry... gotta hijack for a sec

It's amazing how many people just DON'T SEE signs.

When I worked as a Pre-K teacher I would HANG reminders about vacation days/holidays in the doorway- at adult eye level... Most moms/dads had to DUCK under the sign to get into the classroom. And then some of them would STILL show up on non-school days. "Why wasn't I told you were closed on Friday??"

That was always a hard question to answer without insulting them...
It was in your parent handbook
It was in the monthly calendar
It was in the monthly newsletter
It's been in your child's daily report for about a week
AND YOU'VE BEEN DUCKING UNDER THE SIGN that said we were closing for about a week...

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools