Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

growth spurt?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 01-18-10 | 10:12 PM
  • Anyone remember when the growth spurts are for the newborns? I thought the first one was at 2 weeks, but Brady--- who I have been religiously been waking up for nearly every feeding, has decided that he wants to nurse every hour or so--- up to hour and a half. I've been obliging him, but wondering what's up.

He had jaundice so the doc wanted me nursing him every 2 hours, but the nurse at the hospital called last night and told me to start nursing every 2 hours during the day but letting him sleep up to 4 at night. I did that for the first time last night (ahhh heaven) so I don't know if that's it maybe.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 01-18-10 | 10:22 PM
  • I am not sure about spurts, but it wasn't until about 3-4 weeks when we were allowed to let E sleep again. (she was a bit jaundiced and lost a ton of weight in the hospital due to latching issues). Ped made us feed her ever 3 hours at night-every 2 during the day. I was allowed to let her sleep a single 4 hour stretch at night, but that was it.

I am glad he is sleeping some and that you are getting some sleep too!
Thank you teddybear1082!
3Princes (01-18-10)
  • 3Princes 01-18-10 | 10:30 PM
  • Yeah that's what I did---He cluster-feeds from about 9-12 so finally my boobs couldn't take it last night so i gave him 2 oz formula, and let him sleep from 12:45-4:45 and then got back up at 6:45, 8:45, etc.
    Let's just say I'm not anatomically built well for breastfeeding.

I'll be a lot happier once this every 2 hour thing is over.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 01-18-10 | 11:06 PM
  • With my girls they hit the marathon nursing/growth spurt at 2 weeks. Everett came out at a growth spurt

And he hasn't stopped!

I'm glad you got a little sleep!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
3Princes (01-19-10)
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 01-19-10 | 11:36 AM
  • I can't remember Jeanne. I thought the first one was at 6 wks?

But you've got a big boy there and I would totally keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you Sheri!
3Princes (01-19-10)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work