Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

growth spurt?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 01-18-10 | 10:12 PM
  • Anyone remember when the growth spurts are for the newborns? I thought the first one was at 2 weeks, but Brady--- who I have been religiously been waking up for nearly every feeding, has decided that he wants to nurse every hour or so--- up to hour and a half. I've been obliging him, but wondering what's up.

He had jaundice so the doc wanted me nursing him every 2 hours, but the nurse at the hospital called last night and told me to start nursing every 2 hours during the day but letting him sleep up to 4 at night. I did that for the first time last night (ahhh heaven) so I don't know if that's it maybe.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 01-18-10 | 10:22 PM
  • I am not sure about spurts, but it wasn't until about 3-4 weeks when we were allowed to let E sleep again. (she was a bit jaundiced and lost a ton of weight in the hospital due to latching issues). Ped made us feed her ever 3 hours at night-every 2 during the day. I was allowed to let her sleep a single 4 hour stretch at night, but that was it.

I am glad he is sleeping some and that you are getting some sleep too!
Thank you teddybear1082!
3Princes (01-18-10)
  • 3Princes 01-18-10 | 10:30 PM
  • Yeah that's what I did---He cluster-feeds from about 9-12 so finally my boobs couldn't take it last night so i gave him 2 oz formula, and let him sleep from 12:45-4:45 and then got back up at 6:45, 8:45, etc.
    Let's just say I'm not anatomically built well for breastfeeding.

I'll be a lot happier once this every 2 hour thing is over.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 01-18-10 | 11:06 PM
  • With my girls they hit the marathon nursing/growth spurt at 2 weeks. Everett came out at a growth spurt

And he hasn't stopped!

I'm glad you got a little sleep!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
3Princes (01-19-10)
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 01-19-10 | 11:36 AM
  • I can't remember Jeanne. I thought the first one was at 6 wks?

But you've got a big boy there and I would totally keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you Sheri!
3Princes (01-19-10)