Baby Corner

Old 08-18-10, 09:05 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 13.75%
Default Hair extensions?

Anyone know anything about professionally "installed" hair extensions?

I won't go in to the whole horrible story, but I am in need of hair. I went from having mid back length hair to now having shorter than chin length.

I feel naked, and exposed without it and not in a good or sexy way. LOL!

Are they worth it? How expensive and are they realistic looking?

Am I better off with a wig?

Old 08-18-10, 09:49 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4220%

I don't know anything about extensions, but I am not a fan of the wig. My BIL wife and a co-worker wear wigs, just for the heck of it. Well, actually BIL wife is very vain & thinks she is going bald (she's not) so she started wearing wigs. She has about 3 of them. My co-worker says she just likes to change it up & it's easier than coloring her hair all the time or if one day she feels like having long blonde hair and the next wants an auburn bob. I just think they look silly, IMO.

Whatever circumstances are surrounding your new 'do, just know that all new cuts take getting used to. Even when I've had cuts I thought I wanted, it takes a while to get used to. Especially if you go from long to very short. I'm sure in a few days or weeks you'll be loving your new flirty look!

Old 08-18-10, 10:34 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 7.5%

I have never had extensions myself but a friend of mine got them before. If your hair is really short, then I recommend keeping the extensions fairly short too and/or make sure they are layered.

My friend had a really short haircut and decided to get the extensions and in my opinion, they didn't look very good they way they were done. Her natural hair was really short and laying choppy looking on top of long extensions. This is why I recommend that the extensions be short or make sure its layered very well. This way it actually blends and looks natural.

Old 08-18-10, 11:14 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 882.5%

If you have sensitive skin don't do it. My hairdresser told me of somebody who scratched so badly while sleeping that she pulled it all out and had huge bald spots.

Old 08-19-10, 02:08 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1038.75%

My niece got it done(her aunt on her father's side has mega bucks). We thought she looked like Augra, the witch from Dark Crystal. As the grew out they just looked stringy looking and really unkempt.

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools