Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
high BP in pregnancy

high BP in pregnancy

Reply Post New Topic

• TLBT TLBT's Avatar 03-03-10 | 12:04 PM
  • My BP is already high w/this pregnancy, Im at 18 weeks and my ob is sending me to a high risk OB she thinks I may need to be on medication, grrrr..... I dont want to but of course will if I need it, I had PIH w/eric but not til 36 weeks so this is early, anyone else had this? I am so going to do anything I can to avoid bed rest!!!!
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 03-03-10 | 12:35 PM
  • I had it with this last pregnancy. Its started off though almost immediately around 7 weeks. Never had bp problems until then and no problems now. They prescribed Labetalol which is completely safe for pregnancy. I was on it until I deliver at 37w2d because of PreEclampsia.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 03-03-10 | 02:45 PM
  • I had preeclampsia with my first pregnancy, then PIH with my other two. I was allergic to Labetalol so I was on Aldomet and it worked well, also safe for pregnancy.

I was on bed rest for the last month or so with all pregnancies.

Hang in there.

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-03-10 | 03:37 PM
  • Working in L&D, I see people on Labatolol and Aldomet all the time... perfectly safe!
  • TLBT TLBT's Avatar 03-03-10 | 04:50 PM
  • thank you Im happy to know its safe (I figured my Dr wouldnt put me on something that wasnt, but its nice to know others have been on it and all worked out well) : ) Im thinking if I do end up on medication Ill probably be on bed rest at some point during this pg : / not pleased with that but hey i'll do what i have to.

One more ? for moms w/high BP were you allowed to travel by air, we're going to Aruba in april, I hope i can still go (I'll be about 24/25 weeks)