Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
how much do you spend on fireworks?

how much do you spend on fireworks?

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-30-09 | 02:18 PM
  • how much do you spend on fireworks?

just $10-20 or sparklers for the kids?

a family pack of $50 or something?

do you go all-out on the big stuff? (we have individual firework items that cost $80 a piece!

)

what do you spend each year?

(i just spent $80 on fireworks and that was with a ton of stuff being on sale (some of it 75% off regular price) and then an additional 25% off entire purchase today only.

And... I didn't buy very much but I did buy several larger items.

(in Washington, we have more than the "safe and sane" stuff avilable... we have stuff that flys thru the air!

)
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 06-30-09 | 03:06 PM
  • We usually stock up when we go to the beach and we get about $40-$60 of stuff, never the packs though. I know some guys up in Long Island though that spend $3-$5 thousand each 4th and they're like one of about five families on their block that do so! I went up one year and it was a VERY interesting 4th!
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 06-30-09 | 04:46 PM
  • We buy nothing here. It is illegal and we really have no interest in it. We might go somewhere to watch a show, but that is it.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 06-30-09 | 06:08 PM
  • We usually just go down near the golf course here and watch their display. Occasionally we'll spend $20 on stuff for the kids.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-30-09 | 06:47 PM
  • I usually end up spending about $60-$70.

We can only buy the Safe & Sane because of the fire danger but there are always people up the street lighting off the illegal ones so we usually get a pretty good show.

The fines for illegal fireworks can be up to $10,000 if you've been caught more than once. I don't know how people have the guts to even buy them with a penalty that high!