Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
how much do you spend on fireworks?

how much do you spend on fireworks?

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-30-09 | 02:18 PM
  • how much do you spend on fireworks?

just $10-20 or sparklers for the kids?

a family pack of $50 or something?

do you go all-out on the big stuff? (we have individual firework items that cost $80 a piece!

)

what do you spend each year?

(i just spent $80 on fireworks and that was with a ton of stuff being on sale (some of it 75% off regular price) and then an additional 25% off entire purchase today only.

And... I didn't buy very much but I did buy several larger items.

(in Washington, we have more than the "safe and sane" stuff avilable... we have stuff that flys thru the air!

)
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 06-30-09 | 03:06 PM
  • We usually stock up when we go to the beach and we get about $40-$60 of stuff, never the packs though. I know some guys up in Long Island though that spend $3-$5 thousand each 4th and they're like one of about five families on their block that do so! I went up one year and it was a VERY interesting 4th!
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 06-30-09 | 04:46 PM
  • We buy nothing here. It is illegal and we really have no interest in it. We might go somewhere to watch a show, but that is it.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 06-30-09 | 06:08 PM
  • We usually just go down near the golf course here and watch their display. Occasionally we'll spend $20 on stuff for the kids.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-30-09 | 06:47 PM
  • I usually end up spending about $60-$70.

We can only buy the Safe & Sane because of the fire danger but there are always people up the street lighting off the illegal ones so we usually get a pretty good show.

The fines for illegal fireworks can be up to $10,000 if you've been caught more than once. I don't know how people have the guts to even buy them with a penalty that high!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!