Baby Corner

Old 08-12-08, 01:49 PM
is is trying to do 100 things at once
Community Member

Thanked 215 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default How much privacy?

You guys will probably think this is silly but here is my question...I have 3 children. Garrett will be 8 in October, Jake 4 this week and Shelby is almost 5 months. When I am changing her diaper, giving her a bath the boys come in to talk to me, talk to her etc. How much privacy does she need at this point? Not really her, I know she is oblivious but how much should the boys see at this age? At what point should they stop seeing each other without clothes?

Old 08-12-08, 02:33 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Personally, I don't think it matters if siblings see each others' naked bodies. They need to know girl parts are different than boy parts and if you don't make a deal about it they won't. I'd start giving the boys privacy from their sister when they start asking for it.

My girls know what a penis is...its hard to avoid that question when the horses stick out the monster sized thing to pee.

Thank you 2babygirls!
**Jennifer** (08-13-08)

Old 08-12-08, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Oh boy I am in the same situation and I never considered it! If they close the door in the bathroom, I never let the others barge in.

But all of mine share the same bath

They don't really seem to care one bit about each other's private parts, except to laugh at butt humor every now and then.

I am interested in what everyone else thinks!
Thank you Laurie!
**Jennifer** (08-13-08)

Old 08-12-08, 03:03 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hmmm.... I'd probably just take my cues from them.

At this point she certainly doesn't CARE, and I don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with an older brother seeing his baby/toddler sister naked!!

At some point, they'll start being more modest... and she will too. And then you could enforce the "if the door's closed, always knock first" rule.
Thank you Heidi1361!
**Jennifer** (08-13-08)

Old 08-12-08, 04:19 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

I think the boys will need privacy first... and by then she'll be potty trained and it will be less of an issue. I agree with the knock first rule.

I think it's ok for them to see her naked in the bath, especially if you don't make a big deal out of it and answer questions when they come up. I know Josh was kind of interested in Matthew's privates -- and I forget why but he was trying to touch his pee pee. I thinkWe took that as a time to tell him that your pee pee and butt are private parts, and you don't touch someone else's private parts. More importantly, you also don't let anyone touch your private parts either.
Thank you 3Princes!
**Jennifer** (08-13-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools