Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question How are you spending this Memorial Day?

How are you spending this Memorial Day?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-25-09, 10:07 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1620%
Default How are you spending this Memorial Day?

I'm working. It's not a holiday for my company but I got here at 6:30 AM so I'll be leaving at 3 PM.

Not too bad.

My dh and kids are doing something really nice. This type of thing really makes me admire my dh and fall in love with the person he truly is all over again.

He bought a bunch of ribs and chicken at the store on Friday night. We had our cookout for just our family yesterday. Today he's cooking 3 big packages of ribs and 4 chickens on the smoker and some fresh corn in the husks. He and the kids are going to deliver it to two families that we know that are in 70+ years old and served in the military.

He is also making baked beans and I made 2 pans of mac & cheese yesterday that he'll take them.

Old 05-25-09, 11:53 AM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

How sweet is that!

Very thoughtful of your family!

I can not believe you do not have the day off Susan??

I do and am thankful. Although it is sprinkling now

and we have friends coming over at 4pm for a BBQ.

Old 05-25-09, 01:20 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

I worked last night...so I am spending today sleeping...and I work again tonight.

We are having a family cookout tomorrow

Old 05-25-09, 03:42 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Your DH is awesome!

We're just hanging around the house. Rachel has a new bike & I have 8 loads of laundry to sort.

Old 05-25-09, 03:57 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

that's a great thoughtful husband you got there.

My DH got home from his vacation (he flew down to the SF bay to sail with some friends for a few days) last night so I'm just starting to relax. (the kids had no school on Friday either)

DH and DD riding their bikes somewhere. DS and I were shopping and now we're home for lunch.

I've been spending the weekend doing some serious cleaning and outdoor maintenance and stuff like that since the weather is so fine (~75degrees)

It seems that many of my neighbors are taking this opportunity to do house chores as well. I can't tell you how many piles of barkdust I've seen in driveways!

Oh, and I saw a few people standing on the corner of our neighborhood street (very much just our residential neighbors as it's not a main thoroughfare) standing out there holding an american flag

I waved as I drove by.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools