Old 11-06-08, 05:21 AM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question Mice!!!!!!

How the

can I get rid of them. I have cats, poison and traps and they're taking over my home.
I've thrown away any open food, cleaned, etc.
We're killing an avg of 3 a day!!! GRR! I know I live in the country surrounded by woods and fields but this is just ridiculous. I'm not afraid of them, just REALLY grossed out by them!
Can anyone suggest other ways to get rid of them? I'm seriously about to go adopt another cat from the animal shelter this weekend.
I'm also going to try peppermint oil on cotton balls....
anything else?

How can I clean after them?

E

I REALLY hate mice and all their mousey diseases!

Old 11-06-08, 07:15 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

My sister has these things that plug into the wall outlets and they give off a frequency that only mice can hear and they hate it and she has never had a problem with mice ever since. she got them at a hardware store.

Old 11-06-08, 08:07 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

but I am not sure if they bother other animals IE cats and dogs but have been wondering as we are having mice also but have dogs, I may have to go do some research.

Old 11-06-08, 08:37 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

We went on a mouse-trapping-spree a few years back. My neighbors have large bird feeders near the property line, so the mice have a food source right nearby.
Anyway-our plan involved everything you said-moving food to higher cabinets, putting out traps and poison, etc. Dh and fil also used the expanding foam to fill in any cracks in the foundation that the mice may haev been using to get in.

The other thing we did was to move all mulch/leaves/topsoil away from the foundation of the house. The organic materials decompose and give off heat, making a very nice home for a mouse, and then if it is close to the house, they may find their way in. We have a 4-6 inch deep layer of rock starting at the foundation and going out to about 6 inches away to deter nesting along the foundation.

GOod luck!!!

Old 11-06-08, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 12%

Could they be getting into your house through the vents? If you have a crawl space and floor vents, they could very well have chewed into the ductwork and getting into your home that way. Make sure to treat the crawl space. And get some window screen stuff and ducttape it around the heat vents to make sure they can't squeeze through and get into the house.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools