Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Minivan question

Minivan question

Reply Post New Topic

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 05-04-08 | 07:36 AM
  • I'm a car girl - worked for a car company (Toyota) for 17 years. I love my Toyota Sienna. It's super-comfy and has great features. The Honda is also an excellent model, very comparable to the Sienna, and I think slightly less expensive. The American minivans are also really nicely designed and comfortable, but tend to be less reliable in general.

When I dialed up my Consumer Reports site (I have a subscription), they only recommend the Sienna and the Odyssey. The other models had questionable reliability. (Dodge and Chrysler were too new to rate on reliability).
  • tidoublegrr tidoublegrr's Avatar 05-04-08 | 12:01 PM
  • I've had a 2002 Toyota Sienna and now have a 2007 Nissan Quest. I love the Quest. I was able to get a lot more options on the Quest for less than a stripped down Sienna. I get about 18 mpg but all I do is around town driving (when I do drive on the highway for longer periods I get about 26 mpg).
  • tammiane tammiane's Avatar 05-04-08 | 05:08 PM
  • I'm not much of a minivan girl but if I did get one it would be the Odyssey or the Town and Country. I've heard good things about both.

Last edited by tammiane; 05-04-08 at 05:11 PM..
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 05-04-08 | 08:34 PM
  • The Quest is very nice and super cool looking. We loved the one we test drove, but ended up not getting it because of a jerky sales staff.

I think the Quest is a great buy. I also have friends who LOVE their Honda and Toyata minivans and would recommend those too.

The resale on the Toyota and Honda will be better though if that is even a consideration.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 05-04-08 | 09:40 PM
  • Honda has some awesome lease deals!!