Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
"Motion Sick" bands

"Motion Sick" bands

Reply Post New Topic

• koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 07-26-10 | 03:34 PM
  • Has anyone tried them? Do they actually work?

I know the Duggars use them and they are supposed to be good for any type of nautiousness (sp?), but seriously, do they work? If so, I wanna use them for Douglas when we travel in winter (that's the only time he gets car sick, is in the winter... very strange, if you ask me!) and I also wanna try them next time I get pg (I only get nautious, haven't gotten sick yet

but I kinda wanna keep it that way too, as well as get rid of the sick feeling!)
  • mac71 mac71's Avatar 07-27-10 | 04:42 AM
  • I picked up some last Friday when I could no longer stand the 24/7 nausea and they did ease it, they can get tight the longer you leave them on so you will have to take them off after a while but I did notice a difference. My nausea is easing up a little bit so I only put them on when I feel really bad because the bands I use are black and I have them on my wrists and they are quite obvious what they are and I don't want anyone guessing I'm pregnant yet (until after next week when we get our ultrasound to confirm bean is growing) so I usually wear them in the house. so basically yes they do work

Thank you mac71!
koala_kaper (07-27-10)
  • jennyingreece 08-01-10 | 05:49 AM
  • I'm afraid that these things tend to fall into the 'woo woo' category. Unless there has been some serious scientific research done that I am unaware of!
  • Mary-Ellen Mary-Ellen's Avatar 08-01-10 | 10:27 PM
  • I actually use them and they work. I use them when I go in a boat (otherwise I am barfing).
    I have also used them when I was pg. They seem more effective for the boat rides than the pg nausea, but they did take the edge off the nausea when I was pg with both babies. Hope that helps. Hey, maybe it's all psychological but I don't care, it works for me.

Good luck!
Thank you Mary-Ellen!
koala_kaper (08-02-10)
  • TFi 08-02-10 | 11:24 AM
  • I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I have been terribly sick since about 6 weeks pregnant. I have been using the wristbands for the last 1 1/2 weeks and they make a slight difference, but I still no miracle cure. The doctor just gave me a prescription for Zofran. Anyone have any opinions about that medication???