Baby Corner

Old 07-26-10, 04:34 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 4.9%
Exclamation "Motion Sick" bands

Has anyone tried them? Do they actually work?

I know the Duggars use them and they are supposed to be good for any type of nautiousness (sp?), but seriously, do they work? If so, I wanna use them for Douglas when we travel in winter (that's the only time he gets car sick, is in the winter... very strange, if you ask me!) and I also wanna try them next time I get pg (I only get nautious, haven't gotten sick yet

but I kinda wanna keep it that way too, as well as get rid of the sick feeling!)

Old 07-27-10, 05:42 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I picked up some last Friday when I could no longer stand the 24/7 nausea and they did ease it, they can get tight the longer you leave them on so you will have to take them off after a while but I did notice a difference. My nausea is easing up a little bit so I only put them on when I feel really bad because the bands I use are black and I have them on my wrists and they are quite obvious what they are and I don't want anyone guessing I'm pregnant yet (until after next week when we get our ultrasound to confirm bean is growing) so I usually wear them in the house. so basically yes they do work

Thank you mac71!
koala_kaper (07-27-10)

Old 08-01-10, 06:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm afraid that these things tend to fall into the 'woo woo' category. Unless there has been some serious scientific research done that I am unaware of!

Old 08-01-10, 11:27 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I actually use them and they work. I use them when I go in a boat (otherwise I am barfing).
I have also used them when I was pg. They seem more effective for the boat rides than the pg nausea, but they did take the edge off the nausea when I was pg with both babies. Hope that helps. Hey, maybe it's all psychological but I don't care, it works for me.

Good luck!
Thank you Mary-Ellen!
koala_kaper (08-02-10)

Old 08-02-10, 12:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I have been terribly sick since about 6 weeks pregnant. I have been using the wristbands for the last 1 1/2 weeks and they make a slight difference, but I still no miracle cure. The doctor just gave me a prescription for Zofran. Anyone have any opinions about that medication???
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools