Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head

Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head

Reply Post New Topic

• TFi 06-30-09 | 10:10 AM
  • Hi just trying to plan a vacation and wondering which is the better spot with kids. I have a 5 year old and 1 year old. I want to be right on the beach with a pool and in walking distance to some stores and restaurants. Also near some golfing. Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated????
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 06-30-09 | 10:13 AM
  • Hilton Head fits all of your requirements perfectly. I don't know about Myrtle Beach but I think it's about the same. HH doesn't have as much to offer for entertainment (no rides and such) for kids. It's mainly the beach , golfing and shopping.
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 06-30-09 | 10:33 AM
  • Well for kids, I'd really recommend you look at Virginia Beach, it is super kid friendly, clean, and nice. Out of the two you listed though I'd definitley pick Hilton Head. IMO Myrtle is a sh!t hole!
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 06-30-09 | 10:51 AM
  • We have been to Hilton Head, Virginia Beach, and Charleston SC area beaches and loved them all! Good luck planning your trip!
  • charmel96 charmel96's Avatar 06-30-09 | 11:24 AM
  • never been to hilton head but we loved myrtle beach, we stayed in north myrtle beach, away from the hustle and bustle of the " downtown" area. we stayed at the grande shores and had a 1 bedroom condo with the pull out sofa and a murphy bed, the place had 3 or 4 pools, plus the lazy river and the beach was 100 feet away. we spent alot of time at Broadway At The Beach and had a great time