Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
need input on paternity

need input on paternity

Reply Post New Topic

• dad1975 03-26-12 | 11:36 PM
  • my friend had an ultrasound today,3/26/12 and she is 6 weeks along. paternity is between myself and someone else. her 1st day of LMP is 1/30/12.im looking for input on when she was impregnated.she is saying around the 28th of february.im thinking around the 21st of february. she says the age of the fetus is 4 weeks,and 2 weeks of the ovulation calendar,but i am thinking the 2 weeks includes implantation.please,someone help me out.my brain is overloading!!
  • Elizabeth Elizabeth's Avatar 03-27-12 | 10:11 AM
  • Hello, and welcome to Baby Corner!

I'm sorry you are frustrated. It's very hard to tell exactly when someone conceived, but with some calculations you can get a ball bark day or week. Conception will occur around ovulation date.

I put your numbers into the implantation calculator and assuming her cycle is 28 days (if her cycle is not 28 days, let me know because that will change things):

Estimated Ovulation/Conception: February 13, 2012
    Estimated Implantation Dates: Between February 19, 2012 and February 23, 2012

Do you know when her due date is? We can pinpoint a little better with these above numbers combined with the due date.

But again, it's very hard to find the exact day of conception.
  • dad1975 03-27-12 | 11:06 AM
  • I believe her due date is 11/6/12. She has pcos so I think her cycle isn't going off a normal "schedule".between the dates of 2/12 and 2/21 she was with both of us at different times so I'm telling her that until the baby arrives and a paternity test is done,there's really no way to know for sure who the father is. I do want it known that I am hoping to be the father : )
  • Elizabeth Elizabeth's Avatar 03-27-12 | 02:29 PM
  • A very difficult situation for all involved. Yes, I would recommend the paternity test regardless. Nothing is 100%.

I hope everything works out for you.
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 03-27-12 | 02:30 PM
  • Let me refer you to my friend.......Maury Povich!

Just kidding, I'm the only other dad on here so good luck if you are the dad. Either way I hope everything is resolved as to what's best for the child. Dad doesn't have to be DNA related in my opinion, it is who assumes and accepts that important role.