Baby Corner

Old 09-14-09, 11:27 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New baby supplies

I am starting to think about getting the clothes ready for baby 2, and I have no memory of what we needed for baby 1! We are not finding out this time around, and almost all of dd's things were pink, so I am pretty much starting over with newborn basics. (We have plenty of bibs/burp cloths/blankets/etc, so it is just clothes I am looking for advice on). DD was in newborn for a few weeks, so I am just trying to get a good start- I am not looking to buy long-term stuff.

So far I have snap shirts-8 long and 8 short sleeve
5 pairs of pants
6 sleepers
8 onsies
1 sweater
1 swaddle blanket
2 sleep sacs
1 hat
1 pair of booties

I think all I need is another sweater, a few swaddle blankets/sleep sacs, a few hats and some socks. Oh, and some gowns.

Anything I am missing in the clothing department for newborn? Once the baby is born and we find out what it is my Mom and MIL will go crazy with the shopping, so I am not worried about bigger sizes yet.

Old 09-14-09, 12:02 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

I think you'll be okay with that for the first week or so. Just remember how many clothes you'll go through with a newborn (spitting up, peeing and pooping on their clothes, etc.) but I think you could get by with that. Especially, if you plan to buy more clothes once you find out what it is

Thank you brandimichelle!
teddybear1082 (09-14-09)

Old 09-14-09, 12:57 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Socks

And try to get the onsies/shirts with the snaps along the shoulder or all the way down the front so they are easier to put on.
Thank you 2babygirls!
teddybear1082 (09-14-09)

Old 09-14-09, 02:59 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds like more then enough! My poor kid only has 4 knit sleepers to his name right now

And a bunch of bibs! We had a ton of tiny stuff given to us that didn't get used as he grew too fast.

You might want to get a few hats as they come in different sizes despite all saying newborn. You never know what size of head you're baby will have.

Laura

Thank you LAB!
teddybear1082 (09-14-09)

Old 04-16-15, 03:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 28.57%

I think the list you have made is just enough for the present and congratulations for your baby as well.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools