Baby Corner

Old 11-28-12, 08:45 AM

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 35.71%
Default new mum to be :0

anybody know how likely is it my baby will be overdue? he is measuring to the exact week and is half engaged but seems he is very long as his bottom sits snuggly below my ribs :s ?

Old 11-28-12, 12:11 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

I don't think you baby's size and current position really have anything to do with being overdue, early, or on time.

I think I remember reading that many 1st time mom's go over their due date, but then other people say it is the opposite. I personally believe that if everything is going well in your pregnancy, the baby wil come when it's ready and sometimes that be way off of whatever your doctor told you. I feel like as much advancements science has made into the study of how this whole pregnancy thing works, they will NEVER really be able to predict when it will happen. It is one of those amazing life mysteries.

Towards the end it can feel like you just want it to be over with NOW, but just try to remember that once the baby is born EVERYTHING will change and you should savor these last moments. Try to get some sleep, organize your house, visit friends and family, see a few movies, etc.

Good luck!

Old 11-28-12, 02:09 PM

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 64.29%

I just had my baby girl back in April of this year. During my entire pregnancy, she was not as big as she should have been and they kept saying all babies develop at different rates and that all babies come out as soon as they feel they are ready for the world. I was 8 days past my due date and honestly, once you wait 40 weeks, whats another 8 days? I know that I use to just want her to be there and have her be in my arms instead of my belly, but there are times I miss that feeling of carrying her with me everywhere I went. I just did things to keep me busy until my little bundle of joy decided it was time to come. There really is no way to predict if the baby will be early or late or right on time. But, you can guarantee that when it is time, you will know it, and you will be full of so many emotions and it will be a glorious day for you.

Good luck!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools