Baby Corner

Old 09-06-07, 09:10 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

I could never handle the CIO with either of my boys. DS #1 was a horrid sleeper and with DS #2 we read, "On Becoming BabyWise" by Ezzo and Bucknam. It saved our lives and made Tommy into a phenomenal sleeper. He was sleeping through the night at 12 weeks. I honestly think it saved me as I went back to work.

Old 09-06-07, 10:44 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well, right now she's WAY too young to cry it out.

what is best is to rock her until she's drowsy. You know she's tired and is ready for sleep. (you can see her eyes starting to fade) and THAT's when you put her down.
Most babies start waking up wide away as soon as you move them or transition them to those cold sheets.
So it is best if you lay them down when awake but drowsy.
then keep your hand on their tummy and keep your body close so they can 'feel' you still there. Make sure you have a warm blanket or better yet, find a heavy stuffed animal that you can 'rest' on the tummy or legs for a moment if you don't want to keep your hand on her. She'll wake if the weight comes off suddenly. You can gradually (over a period of 10 minutes) loosen the weight over her as she falls asleep so that you can leave without her knowing it.

If she's crying after laying her down, then you pick her back up, shush her and rock her in your arms while hovering over the cradle, and then when she's calm and drowsy again, lay her down again.
Yes, sometimes, this takes most of the night. But it is a very short phase and THEN... you have a great sleeper!

Old 09-07-07, 12:46 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I have never once made my daughter cry in her crib and yet have helped her learn to fall asleep without motion.

I rock her every night until her little eyes just can't hardly take it anymore. When she was a newborn right before she was almost to sleep, I would put her in her crib, rub her head, pat her back, talk to her, put her binkie in about 100 times until she went to sleep. There were some nights I spetn 30 minutes plus standing in a dark room rubbing my babies head.

Now I can lay her in her crib during the day when she's tired, and she falls asleep all on her own.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools