Baby Corner

Old 11-12-12, 01:42 PM
SepphiriaJadeRaine

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 35.71%
Default Not sure if pregnant?

To start off, I have a 3 month old, so I am not looking to be pregnant.
I have been on birth control since early September, but it is birth control meant for while I am breastfeeding. I have taken it on time every day (I even set an alarm for it). I started ovulating when my daughter was 3 weeks old and got my period by the time she was 5 weeks.

I had a period in September, but missed October and now November. I have lots of thick white discharge, cramping (followed by lower back pain), fatigue, and increased appetite. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests (2 in October and 2 this month), but they all came back negative.
I'm not sure what is going on. I am married and have a supportive husband, but I wasn't looking to have another baby so soon.

Old 11-12-12, 02:52 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

to The Baby Corner. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

What form of birth control are you using? How frequently is your daughter nursing? When my three were that little, I didn't take hormonal birth control and never got a period until they were at least 6 months old. (Even when we TRIED to get pregnant, I found that I could not get pregnant while nursing--I had to wean my babies before I could achieve another pregnancy.)Perhaps this is what you're experiencing if your daughter is nursing full-time. If you are nursing full-time AND you're using a form of hormonal birth control, it is VERY unlikely that you would be pregnant.

However, if you're that concerned, you should contact your doctor.

Old 11-12-12, 09:46 PM
SepphiriaJadeRaine

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 35.71%

I am on Jolivette, which doesn't have estrogen in it. That way I wouldn't dry up while taking the birth control. But, I stopped producing (even though I was breastfeeding almost exclusively) about 1 1/2 months ago. When I stopped producing, she was eating every 2 hours.
And when I started ovulating, my daughter was eating every 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.

So, as of now, I am on the birth control my doctor prescribed, but not nursing because I stopped producing completely.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools