Baby Corner

Old 08-23-10, 11:46 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 520%
Default NYC?

My BFF that lives in Jacksonville and I are planning a trip in December to NYC. If you have been or live near there...can you tell me a little about it...Where to go, what to see, where to stay? Taxi fares and so forth. Give me anything you got lol

Old 08-23-10, 02:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

I have a lot of friends who live there and have been a few times. Here are a few tips I have:

-cabs can be very expensive, if you're not too scared take the subway.

-see some of the tourist stuff: Empire State Bldg, Statue of liberty, a museum you like, etc.

-Don't expect ANYONE to speak english

-Wherever you stay go over your plans with the conciege, a lot of times they can help you with coupons, VIP stuff, etc.

-Whatever you would normally budget for meals, activities, etc. just go ahead and double it.
Thank you raabta01!
Keepers (08-23-10)

Old 08-23-10, 02:29 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I think after a little research we have decided to take the cheaper way and take a cruise lol. NYC is EXPENSIVE!!! lol

Old 08-23-10, 09:05 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

NYC is a wonderful experience. I can handle it for a day or two at most. I don't like the smell in my hair or the noise that seems to stick in my head if I am there longer.

A cruise is another choice, but if you've never done NYC, I would do that!!!!

Broadway shows, shopping, the waterfront... It's fabulous!!
Thank you Oreo!
Keepers (08-23-10)

Old 08-24-10, 10:01 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

OH MY We LOVED NYC! I cannot wait to go back one day. We even took Avery at 13 months old and survived! We took the subway EVERYWHERE and walked. I totally would agree about figure out your "spending money and eating money" and double it... or triple it.

TOTALLY WORTH IT.... I'd go to NYC over a cruise again...
Thank you brandimichelle!
Keepers (08-26-10)

Latest Articles
What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

Does Your Baby Need Probiotic Formula?
Probiotics are naturally present in your baby's stomach, but some formulas have probiotics added to it. Doe you baby really need probiotic add to his/her baby formula?

A Guide to Baby Clothes: From Sizes to Styles
Have you ever noticed that baby clothes are sized by age, instead of by measurements? Use this guide to help you pick the correct sizes for your baby. Hint: It's not by their age!

Male Fertility Also Affected by Weight
Research is now finding that overweight men may also have trouble conceiving. Find out why.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools