Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

NYC?

Reply Post New Topic

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-23-10 | 11:46 AM
  • My BFF that lives in Jacksonville and I are planning a trip in December to NYC. If you have been or live near there...can you tell me a little about it...Where to go, what to see, where to stay? Taxi fares and so forth. Give me anything you got lol
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 08-23-10 | 02:19 PM
  • I have a lot of friends who live there and have been a few times. Here are a few tips I have:

-cabs can be very expensive, if you're not too scared take the subway.

-see some of the tourist stuff: Empire State Bldg, Statue of liberty, a museum you like, etc.

-Don't expect ANYONE to speak english

-Wherever you stay go over your plans with the conciege, a lot of times they can help you with coupons, VIP stuff, etc.

-Whatever you would normally budget for meals, activities, etc. just go ahead and double it.
Thank you raabta01!
Keepers (08-23-10)
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-23-10 | 02:29 PM
  • I think after a little research we have decided to take the cheaper way and take a cruise lol. NYC is EXPENSIVE!!! lol
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 08-23-10 | 09:05 PM
  • NYC is a wonderful experience. I can handle it for a day or two at most. I don't like the smell in my hair or the noise that seems to stick in my head if I am there longer.

A cruise is another choice, but if you've never done NYC, I would do that!!!!

Broadway shows, shopping, the waterfront... It's fabulous!!
Thank you Oreo!
Keepers (08-23-10)
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 08-24-10 | 10:01 PM
  • OH MY We LOVED NYC! I cannot wait to go back one day. We even took Avery at 13 months old and survived! We took the subway EVERYWHERE and walked. I totally would agree about figure out your "spending money and eating money" and double it... or triple it.

TOTALLY WORTH IT.... I'd go to NYC over a cruise again...
Thank you brandimichelle!
Keepers (08-26-10)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work