Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
obligated to buy

obligated to buy

Reply Post New Topic

• Twinkies_Mom Twinkies_Mom's Avatar 06-20-08 | 02:30 PM
  • when you go to a tupperware type party...are you obligated to buy? I am thinking that I am. I have been invited a couple of times to a Fifth Avenue Jewelry party and I am not into that kind of stuff and it is more than I want to spend on costume jewelry but I feel kind of obligated to go.
  • FingersX FingersX's Avatar 06-20-08 | 02:36 PM
  • I recently was invited to a jewelery party and I just don't wear any, I went to support my friend but didn't buy anything and I didn't feel obligated. Personally, I have enough other "obligations" to pay for than a sympathy one...ykwim. Definitely go - have fun and who knows something might catch your eye but if it doesn't I wouldn't fret about it.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-20-08 | 02:38 PM
  • Sometimes I buy but not out of obligation but because I want whatever it is. If you don't want that stuff, don't purchase. Offer to bring a dish to share but don't feel obligated to purchase.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-20-08 | 03:00 PM
  • I do feel obligated to buy something when I go to one of those home parties.
    So I just don't go to the ones where I know there is nothing for me to buy

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-20-08 | 05:10 PM
  • I always feel obligated to buy something so I avoid going to that type of thing as much as possible.