Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Peppermint anyone??

Peppermint anyone??

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 06-03-08 | 10:10 PM
  • [SIZE="3"]I bought these peppermint plants in the early spring... 'cause I liked their smell & the pretty green color & looked easy to care for.
    WELL, THEY ARE easy to care for... they're growing like crazy actually.

I let my kids/my child care kids pick a leaf every other day or so and rub it on their hand & smell it... a couple of them like to chew on the leaf... they think that's so cool (and every time we do that we talk about how they can't eat a plant unless a grown-up says it's okay).

So what ELSE can I do with these?? Any ideas??
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by Heidi1361; 06-03-08 at 10:20 PM..
  • Twinkies_Mom Twinkies_Mom's Avatar 06-04-08 | 07:25 AM
  • My parents have these mint plants growing (or they used to) and they SPREAD LIKE CRAZY!! My mom makes a green bean salad with them (I actually still make it) Get green beans and wash and clean them up, boil them for a bit until they are cooked but still a bit crunchy. When they cool down, cut up some garlic and add olive oil and some vinegar and top and mix with some chopped mint. It is a delicious healthy salad.
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 06-04-08 | 08:16 AM
  • Mmmm... that sounds really good.
    AND, I just happen to have green beans in my fridge!!
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 06-04-08 | 08:26 AM
  • We always used them for tea. Steep the leaves in some water and you have Peppermint tea. Which is really good for upset tummies.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 06-04-08 | 08:38 AM
  • NO clue with a specific recipe-- but I bet you could find a recipe for peppermint icecream that you could do with the daycare kids!!! Yum!!