Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Period questions.... might be TMI for some...

Period questions.... might be TMI for some...

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 03-31-08 | 11:56 AM
  • [SIZE="3"]So how would you compare your periods before & after
    being pregnant/childbirth?!?!
    Pain & flow....
    Have you noticed any differences??
    [/SIZE]

My mom always told me that having children "cured" her bad periods... I though maybe at first they'd cure me too... now I'm not so sure!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was in middle & high school my periods really knocked me for a loop... they were pretty painful & heavy.

They got a little better in college, and continued to be very managable after college as well... every once in a while I'd get a really heavy & painful one though.

NOT having my period while pregnant, and breastfeeding was wonderful... and since my pregnancies were almost back-to-back... I was "free" for about 2yrs.

But slowly.... very slowly... now that my kids are 5yo and almost 4yo old... my periods have been getting yucky again. The PAIN is certainly MUCH more managable than it was when I was young... but the flow is heavy... and it lasts for longer than I'd like it to!!
  • GTSJMS GTSJMS's Avatar 03-31-08 | 12:24 PM
  • I think the pain now is alot less... but the flow is much heavier.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 03-31-08 | 01:59 PM
  • After my first child, the pain was less and it was several days shorter. Now after my second, it came back almost rigth away and was much heavier and stuff than ever before, but now that I am not Breastfeeding anymore, I noticed last month that it was getting better again.
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 03-31-08 | 03:36 PM
  • Uggh. I heard the "after you have kids" line too. Soooo not true IMO.

Mine were GREAT when taking BCP's, but now that I don't (and can't take them for medical reasons) they just suck and I'm ready to ditch my uterus.

Heavier than before, as long as they ever were (7ish days) and bad cramps the first two days.
  • tammiane tammiane's Avatar 03-31-08 | 04:27 PM
  • Mine were a bit heavier and more painful before kids. My oldest is 7.5yrs and my son is just over 3 and Ive noticed that over the past 6mos or so my periods have been a tiny bit heavier than they have been.