Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Recipes

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 09-09-09 | 02:33 PM
  • I know we have a "recipe" board... but no one really uses it that much.... I'm looking for some new stuff and apparently everyone has the same things (spagetti, pork chops, and meatloaf

) so how about we start a thread with our favorite recipes!
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 09-09-09 | 02:47 PM
  • One we never get tired of is chip chicken, as my 4 yr old calls it. I crush a bag of chips, we like Boulder Rosemary and Basalmic, add a little flour and what ever seasoning you like. I dip boneless skinless tenders in a milk and egg bath then dredge in the chip mixture. They can be oven baked or fried. I usually do about 3 lbs at a time then freeze the extras. We eat it alone with bbq dipping sauce, or in salads. After reheating we sometimes throw them in a ziploc and shake them around with melted butter, sugar, tabasco and vinegar for quick buffalo wings.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 09-10-09 | 02:09 AM
  • I love this thread-I need new recipes badly!!

I will post one to share tomorrow.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 09-10-09 | 09:11 AM
  • This really is the perfect prime rib. Better than a restaurant. I'm making this Sunday night.

PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME

prime rib roast with or without bone )any size)
    bottom round center cut

Preheat oven to 550F degrees.
    Make a rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder and apply to meat. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.

Roast at 550 at 5 minutes per pound for RARE, or 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM and 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.

Turn off oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS.

At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from oven to slice; it comes out perfect everytime.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-10-09 | 10:47 AM
  • My family LOVES this one. I usually double the recipe and make one half completely for dinner and freeze the other half according to the directions for a future meal. **I just cube the chicken and mix it in instead of serving it on top of the pasta.

Creamy Bow-Tie Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
    3 cups (8 oz.) farfalle (bow-tie pasta) uncooked
    4 cups broccoli florets
    3 Tbs. Italian Dressing
    6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cups tomato-basil spaghetti sauce
    4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
    1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Assembly:
    Boil pasta and broccoli about 4 minutes. Drain completely and transfer to freezer bag. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add pasta sauce and cream cheese to chicken in skillet; cook on medium-low heat 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted, mixture is well blended and chicken is coated with sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a separate freezer bag. Freeze both.

Serving Day:
    Thaw completely. Throw pasta and broccoli into hot water to heat back up. Reheat sauce and chicken in a non-stick skillet. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add sauce to pasta, mix well. Transfer to bowls. Cut chicken crosswise into thick slices; fan out chicken over pasta mixture in each bowl. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.