Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Recipes

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 09-09-09 | 02:33 PM
  • I know we have a "recipe" board... but no one really uses it that much.... I'm looking for some new stuff and apparently everyone has the same things (spagetti, pork chops, and meatloaf

) so how about we start a thread with our favorite recipes!
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 09-09-09 | 02:47 PM
  • One we never get tired of is chip chicken, as my 4 yr old calls it. I crush a bag of chips, we like Boulder Rosemary and Basalmic, add a little flour and what ever seasoning you like. I dip boneless skinless tenders in a milk and egg bath then dredge in the chip mixture. They can be oven baked or fried. I usually do about 3 lbs at a time then freeze the extras. We eat it alone with bbq dipping sauce, or in salads. After reheating we sometimes throw them in a ziploc and shake them around with melted butter, sugar, tabasco and vinegar for quick buffalo wings.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 09-10-09 | 02:09 AM
  • I love this thread-I need new recipes badly!!

I will post one to share tomorrow.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 09-10-09 | 09:11 AM
  • This really is the perfect prime rib. Better than a restaurant. I'm making this Sunday night.

PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME

prime rib roast with or without bone )any size)
    bottom round center cut

Preheat oven to 550F degrees.
    Make a rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder and apply to meat. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.

Roast at 550 at 5 minutes per pound for RARE, or 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM and 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.

Turn off oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS.

At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from oven to slice; it comes out perfect everytime.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-10-09 | 10:47 AM
  • My family LOVES this one. I usually double the recipe and make one half completely for dinner and freeze the other half according to the directions for a future meal. **I just cube the chicken and mix it in instead of serving it on top of the pasta.

Creamy Bow-Tie Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
    3 cups (8 oz.) farfalle (bow-tie pasta) uncooked
    4 cups broccoli florets
    3 Tbs. Italian Dressing
    6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cups tomato-basil spaghetti sauce
    4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
    1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Assembly:
    Boil pasta and broccoli about 4 minutes. Drain completely and transfer to freezer bag. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add pasta sauce and cream cheese to chicken in skillet; cook on medium-low heat 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted, mixture is well blended and chicken is coated with sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a separate freezer bag. Freeze both.

Serving Day:
    Thaw completely. Throw pasta and broccoli into hot water to heat back up. Reheat sauce and chicken in a non-stick skillet. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add sauce to pasta, mix well. Transfer to bowls. Cut chicken crosswise into thick slices; fan out chicken over pasta mixture in each bowl. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo