Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
resale shops for kid stuff

resale shops for kid stuff

Reply Post New Topic

• LeAnnimal LeAnnimal's Avatar 06-19-08 | 10:29 AM
  • Ok... what would you feel safe buying from a kids resale shop and what would you NOT feel safe buying?

I know my parents will need lots of things for their house, but buying all of it new would cost a fortune... we will buy a car seat, but what about other things??
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-19-08 | 10:33 AM
  • Car seats are about the only things I wouldn't buy from a resale place. You never know if they've been in an accident.

Otherwise, as long as you check it out closely, most everything else is probably fine.
Thank you Dopey406!
LeAnnimal (06-19-08)
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 06-19-08 | 11:09 AM
  • I would agree with Deanna - as long as you clean and disinfect everything, all should be fine. If you like the look of something, so for it.
Thank you amitrat!
LeAnnimal (06-19-08)
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 06-19-08 | 12:14 PM
  • I will agree with the others, but if I buy a crib I would check it over VERY GOOD, and if I were to buy a mattress I would buy a zipped bag that they have for bed bugs.
Thank you MImom23!
LeAnnimal (06-19-08)
  • Erinn Erinn's Avatar 06-19-08 | 01:13 PM

•  
    Crib matresses are reasonably price so I would buy that new too. I've sold alot of my stuff that was in excellent condition to resale stores and they seem to be pretty picky about what they will and will not take. Just disinfect it once you get it home.