Baby Corner

Old 09-19-08, 03:06 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 588.33%
Default San Francisco

If you had 2.5 days to spend in San Francisco with a 7yr old & 9 yr old, where would you be sure to go?

Old 09-19-08, 03:21 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 588.33%

Also, I need to book a hotel. What locations should I be looking at?

Old 09-19-08, 05:19 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%

well, actually. I'd take them to either Great America in Santa Clara, or to 6 Flags Marine World in Vallejo

We just booked an awesome hotel near Great America this past summer and it was SUPER cheap.
Its on the West side of the Bay so it's actually only about a 1/2 an hour from downtown SF.
The Homestead in Mountain View - our room was a Delux studio (1 king but it had a little kitchen area with a full sized fridge, dishwasher, the works) and it was only $48 a night! We had 4 people in the room so they did do an extra person charge (of $6.58) and the taxes etc bumped up the grand total for one night to $61.79.
I was

totally floored with the economy of the room for the amenities.
not sure if it's still that cheap - I reserved it from Hotels.com

If you really want to go to SF. Then you HAVE to go to pier 39. Hang out there, walk down to Geridelli and have some ice cream.
And at pier 39, they have the wax museum (which is not that neato especially for the $ so I'd skip that) but they also have Ripley's believe it or not Museum which is a TOTAL Hoot!! Way fun.

So that's what I'd do.

Old 09-20-08, 01:51 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 588.33%

I'm not a big fan of theme parks. Leanna is afraid of heights & fast rides so we're limited on where we go. Besides the one I grew up near is now GangLand.

We haven't been to San Fran in ages so we want to do all the touristy things but its been so long I can't remember much or where to stay.

Old 09-20-08, 04:58 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%

that's fine. Great America is a small kids' paradise. Sarah and Andrew had the GREATEST time (and Sarah is scared of everything). They have a massive water park in there that you could potentially spend the entire day at and not even see the rest of the park

Oh, and no gangs at Great America.

You could also take a ferry ride to Alcatraz - spend the day doing that.....
Thank you skyqueen!
2babygirls (09-22-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools